National Flag Director Expression of Interest
Gridiron Australia is seeking responses from suitably qualified persons to join the GA Board and take on the role of National Flag Director who will be responsible for the ongoing development of flag gridiron programs across the country.
The successful applicant will join the GA board as an appointed director for an initial tenure of two (2) years with extension subject to performance.
Flag football is a priority for IFAF and a potential Olympic sport in 2028. For Gridiron Australia, flag football is its own opportunity in participation growth, as well a potential pathway for growth in contact forms of the game.
The aim of the National Flag teams is to compete at the International Federation of American Football (IFAF) World Championship, World Games in 2022 and the 2028 Los Angeles Olympics.
Gridiron Australia is also seeking to establish its own National Flag Tournament as a pathway scouting opportunity.
Activities of the role
- Develop and contribute to the execution of GA’s Flag Strategy.
- Ongoing development of Gridiron Australia’s National Flag Tournament.
- Participation growth and pathway development within schools and states in conjunction with GA Emerging Programs Director.
- Work with the GA board on appointment and ongoing direction of National Flag Coaches and support the development of National Flag Teams.
- Liaising with Oceania and International Flag organisations to create opportunities for International Competition
- Provision of flag and modified contact programs in line with Gridiron Australia’s framework.
- Work with state bodies on appointment and management of State Flag Directors and to drive flag adoption in clubs
- Report monthly to the board on progress
We are seeking a person who is passionate about Flag football and will prioritise it’s growth over the contact form of the game.
To apply please submit a resume, personal statement and vision for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org